The CORE Skills Program is a Health Care Aide training program offered to newcomers at Catholic Social Services.
In partnership with NorQuest College, this 10-month program provides training, support, and work experience to newcomers who wish to enter the health care industry. Upon completion of the program, students receive the Government of Alberta Health Care Aide Certificate and thus can challenge the Health Care Aide provincial comprehensive final exam to graduate from the Program. Graduates of the CORE Skills Program are then qualified to work in group homes, long term care and assisted living facilities, and hospitals.
- Eligible for Student Financial Assistance
- A passion for working with seniors and people with disabilities
- Strong Knowledge of English:
- A minimium of CLB 7 in all 4 langauge skills (reading, writing, speaking, and listening) *AND evidence of a minimum of 60% in English 20-2 (or successful completion of NorQuest academic assessment) OR
- 3 consecutive years of study in a Canadian high school (grades 9, 10, 11 or grades 10, 11, 12
*To schedule your CLB assessment, please contact our Language Assessment, Referral, and Counselling Centre (LARCC)at (780) 471-1122.
For more information about the CORE Skills Program, please visit us at:
8212 – 118 Avenue
Edmonton, AB, T5B 0S3
Or call us at (780) 378-2463 or (780) 378-2462